I've edited theses for over a decade, and one of the major problems students have is correctly structuring and formatting their work in Microsoft Word. That's why I've created this thesis template. With it, you'll be able to focus on what matters most - writing. Hit the ground running, whether you're a PhD, Masters, or Honours student.
Your thesis template includes:
- Title page and front matter numbered with roman numerals (Keywords, Abstract, Table of Contents, List of Figures, List of Tables, List of Abbreviations, Statement Of Original Ownership, and Acknowledgements).
- Chapters numbered with arabic numerals, including suggested subsections.
- Pre-formatted, in-built heading styles and caption styles for figures and tables.
- References and appendices.
While researchers are trained to tackle complex research questions they are often ill equipped in understanding the ‘ins and outs’ of thesis presentation. Some thesis requirements are university driven while others are a function of the research design. This research template is an elegant and extremely useful tool giving research projects some much needed structure.
- Professor Kathy Walsh, University of Technology Sydney
If you are writing your thesis and getting confused or lost, try out this thesis template! It's a great tool, that sets out simple but highly effective framework to systematically guide you through all the major parts of your research writing.
-Professor Robert Faff, University of Queensland